Monday, January 13, 2014

Kabobs

I am not sure if this one technically counts as "Japanuary" since my kabobs were not Japanese looking enough (says my husband), however, they were a huge hit with everyone in the family.  You will need to have skewers for this project.

Ingredients:
Apples (I used 3)
Chicken
Sweet potatoes
Onion
Teriyaki Sauce

1. Cut up the apples & sweet potatoes into 1/4-1/2" thick x 2" pieces, quarter the onion, and cut the chicken into approx. 2" pieces.
2. Stack the pieces on a skewer (for onions, I used pieces that were 3 layers thick).  Put finished skewers on a baking sheet.  Once finished assembling kabobs, pour teriyaki sauce over all of the skewers and place in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.

My kids really loved the kabobs.  It made for a very fun dinner- they were super yummy.  I'll definitely be making them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment