Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Adventures Begin!

People in my circle have suggested I do a blog to document my food adventures. I love food. I love its flavor, history, chemistry, its effect on human physiology, & its transformation into masterpieces for our taste. Preparing food is a passion. It is a way I connect with my food. I get a giddy thrill when I am in the midst of a cooking project. Food also brings people together. It can comfort, uplift, calm, and refresh. I have many avenues of interest in where I choose to adventure. I will categorize them into the following: Healthy kicks, Wings of World Tour, Ingredient Fascination, and Family Tradition.
The only category I feel requires an explanation is family tradition. My mother is the daughter of Mormon Pioneers & My Father is Lithuanian (his grandparents immigrated to the states). My Father's Mother is my Grandma Barbara. She was known for her cooking. She made the food for the tavern she owned with her husband. Once she held the Betty Crocker title. She left a recipe ledger, and through that and stories my father tells, I find my food heritage and connect with my grandmother through cooking her dishes. There are also recipes I will share in this category from my family & my husband's heritage & cooking with my kids.
I hope you enjoy this blog and maybe receive some inspiration. Feel free to comment if you have questions on any dish I make.
-Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

  1. How fun Sarah. I, too, have started a blog but I am only as far as a title. Maybe this summer.
    I look forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete