Monday, April 18, 2011

Orange Julius


This is a family recipe. I remember summer evenings when my mom would make orange julius and popcorn and we would watch a chick flick while I massaged her feet. We called it a girls night- though it was low key, these are treasured memories for me. Orange Julius is the first thing I learned to make as a child. It isn't like the stuff you buy at the mall. This recipe is less frothy and it has a stronger flavor. It is really good. I think if you like what you've had at the mall, you might fall in love again when you try this one.


Orange Julius a'la Bunny
1 can Orange Juice concentrate
1/2 can milk (extra milk or water to thin later)
1-2 capfuls Vanilla
1/4 cup sugar (or less, you can omit)
ice
Blend smooth, add water or milk to get it to the desired consistency.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many of these i had at your house growing up!! thanks for posting the recipe--i'll have to make some for my kids tonight because they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete